What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to a web browser by a web server.
- Session cookies are automatically deleted at the end of each browsing session, typically when the web browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies remain until the expiry date and time set by the web server. They can be manually deleted by the user.
- 1st party cookies originate from the same domain as the website being visited, in this case endsleigh.co.uk.
- By assigning visitors to our website(s) with a unique session identifier in the form of a randomly generated combination of characters. This allows us to identify unique browsers within and across multiple browsing sessions. We do this for a variety of reasons and the list below explains these in detail. It is important to note however, that these cookies do not contain any personal information and cannot be used by themselves to identify individual users.
We have grouped together the cookies we use according to their usage:
1. Content management and navigation
- To provide site navigation
- To enable search and ecommerce functionalities
- To ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire or site survey that you have already completed or told us that you do not want to see again
2. Content optimisation
- To allow us to tailor our content to match your preferences, for example to show a button that allows you to retrieve a saved insurance quotation
- To ensure we don’t show you duplicate content as you navigate our site
- To ensure consistency of content if you return to our website
Web analytics cookies
- To compile anonymous, aggregated website usage statistics in order to help us to maintain and improve the performance of our website and the other online services we provide
- You can set your browser to reject cookies but if you do so you will be unable to use some areas of our website(s) and other websites on the internet. For more information about how to reject cookies visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx.
Ad Network cookies
For your convenience we may have included links on this website to other sites that we believe you may find useful. These websites will each have their own privacy statement, which may differ from ours. Therefore please ensure, when you click on any of our links, that you read the privacy statement located on the website you have selected as these sites are not within our control.
Where you have linked to our website from a third party website, we may be required to pass your personal information to the 3rd party. Please read the privacy statement provided by the 3rd party website to make sure that you understand how they will process your information.
- By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information (including sensitive personal data) by Endsleigh, provided it is used as set out in this Policy. You also consent to the transfer of your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom. If we do make such a transfer, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
- The internet is not a 100% secure medium of communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted via the internet. We are not responsible for any damages you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
- We may monitor or record your communications with us to improve our service and for security and regulatory purposes.
- Before you provide us with any personal data about a third party you must obtain the correct authority from the individual(s) concerned and undertake to keep them advised about how their information will be used.
- If your personal details change, or if you change your mind about your marketing preferences, please let us know.
The Data Protection Officer,